MATCH REPORT: Ramsgate Suffer 7-0 Defeat Away to Sittingbourne

MATCH REPORT: Ramsgate Suffer 7-0 Defeat Away to Sittingbourne



Ramsgate suffered a 7-0 defeat away to Sittingbourne on Saturday afternoon in the Isthmian League. 

The home side snatched a first-half lead just before the break via Johan Caney-Bryan before hitting for six in the second-half to secure a surging victory.


The Rams made 2 changes to the side that suffered a 2-0 defeat against Hythe last week. 

Toby Bancroft made his first start for the club, replacing Roman Campbell, whilst new boy Joseph Denny came in for Jack Morrell.

Chapman (wrist) and Gray (hamstring) remain sidelined with injury lay-offs.

STARTING XI: Brooks, Paxman, Binder, Denny, Saunders, Carrington (OFF 78'), Bode, Arthurs (SENT OFF 64'), Bancroft (OFF 70'), Miller, Rowland (OFF 70')

SUBS: Day, Barrett (ON 78'), Robinson (ON 70'), Mitford (ON 70')


Ramsgate began the match in fine style, testing the Brickies keeper on a number of occasions early on. 

Most notably, Bode Anidugbe had an effort finely saved from the edge of the 18-yard box and Ashley Miller almost netted directly from a corner, but keeper Jordan Perrin was able to tip over his bar. 

Miller went for the spectacular before the half hour mark - smashing a volleyed effort over the bar at the back post. 

Then, the winger was released through on goal by Kane Rowland not-so-long after, but Perrin was able to bail his side out once again, also saving the rebounds before Jason Fregene cleared an effort off the line from Bode. 

Sittingbourne’s James Witt went close late on in the half, beating Paxman down the right before cutting inside and firing over the bar. But, straight after, an error from Rams keeper Harry Brooks meant the home side would have one last roll of the dice before the half came to a close and Johan Caney-Bryan tucked away his header to give his side the lead. 

The Brickies couldn’t have started the second-half any better, scoring within a minute of getting back underway thanks to Caney-Bryan.

Then, a flurry of goals from Harry Taylor, Christopher Barnard, Tommie Fagg and Samuel Stace followed as Ramsgate capitulated throughout the half, playing with 10-men for 25 minutes as Jude Arthurs had been sent off. 

FT: Sittingbourne 7-0 Ramsgate FC